Monday, May 23, 2011

Mamarazzi

I learned a new term the other day-mamarazzi. It basically means “mom who stalks child with camera”. That definitely describes me well these days. A fellow mom blogger told me about a place that rents cameras and lenses. You reserve what you want and they ship it by FedEx. Return shipping is part of the rental fee. I rented a Canon 50mm 1.4 lens. Steve told me that renting would not help me make a future purchase choice, it would only make me want one now…and he is SO right. I really, really, really want one…but I digress.

I have stalked the boys and the dog for the last few days, taking a ton of pictures at a ton of settings. I think I am even going to rent one again when we go to Texas in June so I can take some pictures of my best friend Tina’s kiddos. The minute I pick up the camera my boys turn on their heels and head the other way, maybe it will take John a day or two to learn that.

I haven’t posted in awhile so I thought I would throw up a picture of each of the boys real quick. I can tell that this lens is nice because I didn’t edit these at all (and I wouldn’t want to).

They both look so old-especially Cayden. He will be 14 in a few short weeks. Where does time go???

 

IMG_6733

 

 

IMG_6743

 

(yes, as you can see, their allegiance no longer belongs to Texas teams)

4 comments:

Tina said...

Awww!!! What happen to your our little boys?!? They are MEN - good looking men at that! And awesome photos! John will be great until he learns from the guys...and he will learn fast! John asks me EVERYDAY...do they come today...do they come today?? It's really cute and FUN that he is excited as I am!

HOW THE FISKINS FOUND FARGO said...

Test comment

Mark said...

Very cool . . . had no idea one could rent top-of-the-line cameras and lenses. For most of us it wouldn't matter but you have the skill and more important the eye for composition that better equipment lets you more fully expore and express. When my screen-saver scrolls through all the pics of the boys the progression just over the past few years is a wonderful montage of their maturing, certainly no longer boys now but young men. Rather than make me feel old, somehow it reaffirms that, despite all that is wrong with the world, there is something right too.
- Dad -

Linda said...

I hate to disappoint you but John doesn't run from the camera, but immediately upon seeing the camera turns upside down and will NOT sit up straight. As for the 50mm lens, I have the 50 mm 1.8. It's okay and takes some great shots, but is easy to shake. It was only around $125.