There are 66 days until we go back home to Amarillo for a visit. Notice I said “home”— it will always be my home. We are counting down the days on the calendar.
This morning I found myself making a mental list of all the things I was looking forward to. Here it is:
- Cherry Limeades from Hud’s (no such thing as a Cherry Limeade in ND)
- Wild Cherry snow cones (again, no real snow cones here either)
- Sonic Ice –- the best ice cubes ever (and it does make a difference)
- Chicken fried rice from My Thai – my favorite restaurant ever. I ate there 3 times a week, every week when I was pregnant with Cayden. Funny, it’s his favorite too.
- Blue Bell Pecan Praline and Cream Ice cream
- Watching the boys ride the roller coasters at Wonderland Amusement Park – they have such a great time, you can’t help but have fun too
- Chicken fried steak – from somewhere, anywhere would be better than ND. ND puts brown gravy all over theirs!
- Riding around in the car with my BFF Tina, acting like teenage girls, catching up on the latest, pretending we see each other every week instead of once or twice a year
- Worshipping at “my” church, Trinity Fellowship – I miss it so much. There is nothing like it and I will always consider it my home church even if I have to listen to podcasts of Pastor Jimmy instead of watch him in person
- AND THE NUMBER ONE THING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO, OF COURSE, IS GETTING TO SPEND 3 GLORIOUS WEEKS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY