Saturday, January 23, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

I’ll spare you the Sound of Music lyrics but just know that I am humming to myself as I type

 

 

 

This is liquid gold…nectar of the Gods…just this side of Heaven.  Ok, so I do have a sweet tooth and anything that says “real sugar” has to be good but this is real good.  It does remind me of my younger days, days when a cigarette and a Dr. Pepper were my breakfast of choice.  My lungs are much happier these days even if my pancreas are not.

 

 

 

First of all, no, I am not becoming a vegetarian.  However, as most of you know, I am not a big meat fan either.  I don’t have any ethical problem with eating meat, I just don’t really care for it.  Well, that’s not completely true…just saying White Castle makes me drool but other than that I really only eat meat because I was taught that I needed to.  It’s also pretty hard to find enough vegetarian entrees in Amarillo and Fargo restaurants and the produce in Fargo can hardly even be called produce.  So, my new favorite is the grilled vegetable burger.  Try one, you might just like it.

 

 

DSC_2978

 

These are my most favorite thing in the world (ok other than my family).  I have wanted Fiesta Ware for years and years.  This Christmas I got 6 plates, one in each of the colors I liked best.  I love them so much I have decided to buy the bowls soon.  You absolutely can’t be sad when you look at the cheerful colors on the table.  Braxton has decided he must only eat on the orange one since it’s his favorite color.  On a side note, please note the salt and pepper shakers and plate in the center.  Braxton and I made those at a pottery store here in Fargo.  We used all 6 colors from the plates so they would match.  They turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.

 

 

DSCN1251

 

This Christmas Steve surprised me with 6 pounds of pens.  Yep, 6 pounds.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a true love affair with pens.  I have surely spent close to a thousand dollars in my lifetime on pens…rollerballs, ballpoints, bic pens, expensive pens, red ones, blue ones, purples ones…well, you get the idea.  Now I have so many pens that I may never use them all but I will have a wonderful time trying.

 

What are some of your favorite things?

4 comments:

Tina said...

I WANT that ORANGE Fiesta!! Tell me where to get it! I love the DPtoo...and I have a strange thing about pens too...we should exchange pens from time to time! The veggie burger...what the hell is going on?? First the whole Vik*ng thing (I am not able to spell that evil word) and now...Veggie burgers? Geez...are you going to tell me you like Obama now? Break my heart...gently.

Linda said...

Okay, we must be related. I LOVE sugar Dr. Pepper and will only drink that. Thank goodness I have a very kind sister that keeps me stocked as she makes frequent trips to the Dallas area. As for pens, I hate to admit, but I am a pen/pencil addict. Have you tried the new Sharpie Pens! Don't if you haven't they are too good to be true, but kind of expensive. As for the Bocca burgers, I can take or leave them, but am not much of a meat eater either. Finally the Fiesta ware is beautiful, but too heavy for me. I'll let you and Tina have that one.

Mark said...

Some of those boca-burgers aren't bad, especially with pepperjack and salsa on top, or provolone and spaghetti sauce.

I've been a Coke guy for sixty years but I agree about the real sugar . . . when I traveled it was always the "real thing" . . . I think we're about the only country that screws it up with cancer-inducing drugs.

Nice dinnerware . . . now I know what to get you for your birthday.

- Dad -

MeL said...

The Morningstar spicy black bean burgers are my favorite. You have to try those. They have a ton more flavor than the Boca ones!
love you guys!